Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

København


Copenhagen, Denmark 6-1-2011

Copenhagen, my first card from Denmark, and it come from largest and also a capitol city of Denmark.
Copenhagen is situated on the islands of Zealand and Amager. As you can see on post card there are a lot of bicyles. Copenhagen is known as one of the most bicycle-friendly cities in the world. Every day 1.1 million km are bicycled in Copenhagen. 36% of all citizens commute to work, school or university by bicycle and it is municipal policy that this number should go up to 40% by 2012 and 50% in 2015.The city's bicycle paths are extensive and well used. Bicycle paths are often separated from the main traffic lanes and sometimes have their own signal systems. This is awesome city for people who like cycling, i surly do. If interested in more info about cycling in Copenhagen and about city of Copenhagen  click HERE
Postcard is sent from Denmark , but it's sent by Austrian postcard and stamp collector, She sent me this lovly postcard as private swap, but i still owe her a cover with stamps from Bosnia, sorry for waiting me i didn't forget about you Edna, 

1 comment:

liberal sprinkles said...

I love this card, the photo is gorgeous. I like how you write a bit about the cards you get, I try and do that too in my postcard blog. Please visit me if you like. I also have a main blog where I write a bit about everything. Have a great day!